We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Apricot Korolevsky was bred by specialists of the Research Institute of Agrarian Problems in the Republic of Khakassia as a result of breeding with local, well-established apricot varieties. Specialists see the origin of the "Royal" apricot and French roots.
Characterization and description of the variety
Apricot trees of this variety are strong-growing, up to five meters high, with a rounded crown. Fruit stands have satisfactory winter hardiness. and annual abundant fruiting. The minimum yield of adult trees, whose age exceeds ten years, is about 45-50 kg.
Fruits are yellow with a slight pink-red blush. The average weight of marketable apricot is approximately 38-42 g. The pulp of ripe fruits is yellowish-orange in color. The bone separates well from the ripe pulp. Harvest ripens in the early medium.
The description of the variety declares the importance of such agricultural measures as preventive treatments and various types of pruning for apricot plantings, as well as competent crown formation.
How to plant an apricot
Methods of protection against moth and other pests
The apple, plum and eastern codling moths are polyphages that are ubiquitous and damaging the fruits of any garden crops, including apricot. As a result of the defeat, the fruits fall prematurely from the trees.
The Royal variety has insufficient resistance to damage by plant parasites. The loss of crops can be minimized by timely and competent preventive and protective measures:
- spring cleaning of the bark on the tree stands, as well as the main branches of the crown;
- digging of soil in the fall between rows of fruit stands and in near-stem circles, as well as systematic loosening of the soil;
- the use of trichograms at the initial stage of mass oviposition of insect pests;
- installation of pheromone traps and hunting belts on the site;
- regular pruning of shoots and branches affected by a plant parasite.
For spraying fruit stands, it is recommended to use such effective drugs as "Decis", "Fufanon", "Kemifos", "Spark", "Citkor", "Kinmiks" and Fury. Folk remedies made on the basis of crushed garlic and tobacco chips also have good results. It is very important to timely collect the carrion and its subsequent destruction outside the garden.
Royal apricot needs the timely formation of a crown, as well as regulatory, anti-aging, regenerative and sanitary pruning:
- forming pruning not only allows you to give a convenient shape to the crown, but also stimulates the activity of increasing its volume with the aim of earlier fruiting of apricot;
- Regulatory pruning is aimed at maintaining optimal yield indicators and preventing weakening of the growth processes of garden plantings;
- the tasks of anti-aging pruning are to strengthen the growth of branches, stimulate the formation of young and productive shoots on old plants;
- restoration pruning is used by gardeners in the presence of mechanical damage on fruit trees and branches frost-bitten in the winter.
The crown of the Royal apricot tree is recommended to form a sparse-tier. A good result is the formation of the crown in the form of an improved bowl with a single placement of branches. In areas limited in area, it is desirable to carry out the formation by the method of flattening the crown.
It is very important to periodically cut apricot trees in order to lighten the crown by removing branches growing inward and provoking thickening. Pruning is also carried out in order to stimulate the growth of the strongest shoots on which fruit formation occurs. Periodically pruning should be performed to prevent overloading the fruit tree with the crop.
Gardeners reviews and tips
Many summer residents cultivate the Royal apricot variety in personal plots for many years and treat it with great respect. According to domestic gardeners, the variety really deserves attention due to such positive characteristics as high and regular yield, excellent fruit taste and sufficient frost resistance. Among the shortcomings are the low level of keeping quality and transportability of the harvested crop. However, this small minus does not make the variety less popular.