Since ancient times, countries of the world have competed in culinary. The best chefs have always sought to create the most delicious pastry. Historically, almost every European country has its own unique recipes for making buns or pies. In this direction, Austria showed itself perfectly and stood out. Her culinary specialists made buns sparing neither time nor ingredients. That is why Viennese buns have become an exquisite and desirable dish.
Today, there are many recipes and methods for making delicious buns. But also many people like pastries because it uses Viennese dough. Unfortunately, not everyone knows how to do it: the cooking process has its own zest, small nuances. The most important thing in the Viennese test is the presence of all the necessary ingredients.
Ingredients for the dough:
- flour - 700 g;
- margarine - 100 g;
- fat sour cream - 100 g;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- eggs - 5 pcs.;
- fresh yeast - 25 g;
- milk - 0.5 l;
- sunflower oil - 1 tbsp. l .;
- vanilla sugar - 10-20 g.
To properly prepare the dough, you should adhere to the rules and recipes:
- Cooking Dough. In a bowl, melt fresh yeast, pour 1 tbsp. l sugar, add 100 g of milk and a couple of tablespoons of flour. Using a whisk, mix everything and leave it in a warm and dark place for 30 minutes, after covering it with a cloth.
- After half an hour, you need to add melted margarine along with sour cream, sugar and eggs. The resulting substance must be mixed well until a homogeneous mass. Still warm milk is added to the finished mixture and a little flour is poured. It is important to mix everything well.
- Next, you need to rub your hands with oil so that the dough does not stick, and begin to knead the dough. Kneading should be stopped when the dough is no longer sticking to your hands.
- The dough is placed in a pan or bowl, covered with a cloth and left for an hour. When lifting the dough, knead it and leave it again for 30 minutes.
- That's the whole test recipe. Now it should be used to make muffin.
The dough perfectly holds the necessary shapes, spins easily.
Viennese Muffin Recipes
In addition to adding a lot of vanilla sugar to the buns, you can also add other ingredients: dried fruits, cocoa, nuts. Real Vienna buns include the zest of an orange.
Classic Viennese Bun Recipe
- orange zest - with 4 pcs.;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- egg - 1 pc.
- First you need to peel the oranges and remove the zest. Then rinse well under water and cut into small pieces.
- Pieces of zest must be added to the finished dough and mixed. The zest is placed immediately before the start of the baking process. Otherwise, it will start up juice, which will later lead to the spread of dough.
- The prepared dough should be divided into even parts, and then begin to create the shape of the bun. The form depends on your imagination, it doesn’t matter.
- The baking sheet should be covered with parchment paper, put the finished buns on it and, covered with a towel, leave for half an hour in a warm place.
- At this time, you can start heating the oven. The warm-up time is approximately 20 minutes. The temperature should be 220 degrees.
- You should also beat the egg with sugar.
- After the bun has risen, grease it with a beaten egg and send it to bake.
- Buns are prepared at a temperature of 220 degrees for 10 minutes, and then the temperature should be reduced to 200 degrees and baked for another 25 minutes.
That's the whole recipe for making classic Viennese muffin. But consider other types of recipes and methods for making buns.
Vienna custard buns
Ingredients for the dough:
- eggs - 3 pcs.;
- yeast - 50 g;
- sugar - 75 g;
- milk - 125 g;
- oil - 100 g;
- flour - 600 g.
Ingredients for Cream:
- milk - 200 g;
- flour - 3 tbsp. l .;
- egg - 1 pc.;
- sugar - 125 g;
- oil - 50 g.
Preparation of the test is carried out according to the technology described above. But to create a cream you need to take the following steps:
- All components for the cream, except oil, need to be mixed and whipped until a homogeneous consistency. All this is best done in a saucepan.
- All components put on a small fire. Constantly stirring, you should bring the ingredients to a thick state. Then remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool.
- Mix the cooled cream with butter and whisk a little.
- To prevent the cream from escaping while baking buns, you need to properly wrap them. To do this, divide the finished dough into pieces and roll out each individual piece of dough with a rolling pin. Pieces should be rectangular in shape.
- On the rolled dough, put the cream on one edge and pinch it with the same edge. But cut the second edge into strips and wrap the whole bun.
- Next, lay the finished muffin on a baking sheet, grease it with an egg and send it to the oven. Such buns are baked for 40 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees.
Viennese cakes with cottage cheese
The most important thing is to withstand the time while the dough is being prepared, everything else is not so difficult. It’s more convenient to put it in the evening.
For the test:
- fresh unpasteurized milk - 200 grams;
- chicken eggs - 5 pieces + 1 egg yolk for lubrication;
- sugar - 170 grams;
- live yeast - 60 grams;
- butter 82% - 100 grams;
- premium flour - 1000 grams.
- cottage cheese 9% - 300 grams;
- sugar with vanilla - 1 packet;
- raisins - 80 grams;
- thick sour cream - 80 grams;
- a pinch of salt.
- Harvest the dough - heat the milk to 60 °, dilute the yeast in it, pour 2 dessert spoons of sugar and 3 tablespoons of flour. Stir well, cover with a cloth and put in a warm place.
- Drive eggs into the approaching dough, add the dissolved butter, the remaining sugar, stir in the flour. Knead the dough thoroughly and quickly.
- Keep the dough with the dough in a warm place for about three hours - make 2 rinses.
- Rinse the raisins, pour boiling water for 5 minutes, lay on a sieve.
- Grind cottage cheese with sugar, salt and sour cream, mix with raisins.
- Cut the pies, let it brew for 15 minutes and put the bake.
- Grease the finished baking with beaten yolk and leave for several minutes in the oven turned off.
Viennese Raisin Buns
The preparation method and ingredients for the dough are presented above. Everything is like for a classic muffin, but 50 g of raisins will be used as a filling. For lovers of a large number of toppings, you can use 100 g. Instead of raisins, you can add prunes, dried apricots or nuts. The cooking method is the same.
- You need to cook the dough and let it go.
- To prepare raisins, it is necessary to fill it with hot water and let stand for 15 minutes. Then drain the water and dry it on a napkin or towel.
- When the dough is suitable, you can add raisins and knead into it so that it is evenly distributed.
- To form buns, the dough should be divided into equal parts and come up with a shape for them. For example, you can use a braid: roll out two flat tubes from each piece of dough and weave them together. The ends fasten together.
- Put everything on a baking sheet and grease the tops with an egg.
- Such braids are baked for 30 minutes at a temperature of 180-200 degrees.
- When the buns have a crust of golden color - this is a sign of readiness for baking. You can turn off the oven and, having pulled out the buns, let them cool.
Vienna buns with sausage and cheese
These are very non-standard buns for Viennese cuisine. But still they are very tasty and will be perfect for breakfast or lunch.
Ingredients for the filling:
- sausage - 200-300 g;
- hard cheese - 100 g.
- To prepare the dough, do not use regular sugar (or vanilla). Instead, add a few small pinches of salt.
- For the filling, you need to chop the salt and cheese into small cubes.
- The finished dough, divided into parts, needs to be rolled out so that a square cake is learned.
- On the edge of the dough put the sausage and cheese, you can mix.
- Roll the dough into a tube, and glue the ends together or wrap them up.
- Put on a baking sheet and place in the oven, cook for 30 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees.
Such buns are made quite quickly and will be an excellent substitute for bread.
Delicious Viennese Raisin Buns (video)
Viennese buns are loved all over the world. In addition, cooking methods are quite simple, and the range of fillings can be very diverse. It is very tasty to drink them with coffee or ginger tea.