We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Tomato variety Japanese crab is one of the most successful varieties to grow. Numerous reviews of these tomatoes converge in their positive ratings. Tomatoes have a unique flavor and sufficient skin density for storage. If your soul requires experimentation and variety, then this variety is for you!
It will amaze with its unusual appearance and will not leave you indifferent, presenting a refined taste and aroma.... Of course, before you start growing tomatoes, you need to understand that it will be different in shape from other tomatoes. The origin of this variety is unknown. It's time to familiarize yourself with the characteristics and description of the Japanese crab tomato variety.
Description of appearance
The fruits of the Japanese crab tomato have a flat-round shape. It is precisely because of its appearance that it received this name, because the characteristic ribbing in the upper part of the fruit vaguely resembles the outline of a crab. On the lower clusters, the fruits are always larger and can reach a weight of 600 grams. All other fruits will reach a weight of about 300 grams. There are about six seed chambers in a tomato.
They contain a very small amount of grains, the pulp is dense. Possesses juiciness. Based on numerous reviews, it can be recognized that the Crab retains its elasticity and integrity longer than others, even in a crushed state, and does not lose its juiciness.
Japanese crab tomatoes have a pronounced sweet taste with a slight sourness.
The first fruits can be harvested in late July or early August. The bush can grow up to one and a half meters and has a high yield. The harvest is about 11 kg per square meter. Fruit color ranges from bright pink to red and yellow. This variety is considered to be resistant to diseases. He is not afraid of viruses such as tobacco mosaic, root and top rot.
This variety grows well in greenhouse conditions and has no special differences. The plant is medium-branched with medium-sized light green leaves. The stem has simple inflorescences, on which up to 6 fruits are formed. This tomato is mid-season and can bear fruit until late autumn if the plant is properly cared for.
Features of growing and care
After reading the detailed description of Japanese crab tomatoes, you should pay attention to care. Growing this variety requires a special approach, so you should follow the rules for growing seedlings. First, you need to inspect the seeds and soak them in a weak solution of manganese. You need to plant shallow. After planting the seeds, they need to be watered with warm water.
What you need to know about the procedure:
- It should be formed in a greenhouse in two stems, and in order for the fruits to ripen in the open field, it is reasonable to form into one.
- This variety needs additional feeding. In total, it will be necessary to fertilize the tomato at least 3-4 times during the period of growth and maturation of the plant. For feeding, you can use any mineral and organic additives, ash and humus.
- Since the Japanese crab is a tall variety, it needs a garter. It is better to take care of this in advance by installing supports near each bush.
The formation of the first cluster occurs over the 9th leaf, and the peduncle itself has an articulation.
- For this variety, watering is suitable only with warm water and directly under the root. Watering is not allowed on the plant itself, with contact with stems and leaves. This will prevent the possibility of getting sick.
- In order to prevent the formation of high humidity, the greenhouse must be opened from time to time for ventilation, while protecting the crops from drafts.
- Also, special attention should be paid to timely pinching, since extra leaves take nutrients, and a large number of them will interfere with the formation of fruits. For this grade, 2 stepsons are considered the norm. Few fruits are formed on the plant, but they are all very large in size.
The fruits do not tolerate transportation well, like any large-fruited tomatoes.
If you follow these simple and uncomplicated rules, you will be able to enjoy the juiciness and amazing taste of this tomato. Description of tomato Japanese crab will help to achieve a good harvest, and a timely assessment of the development of the bushes will protect them from diseases. This is a great variety that you should grow at home to please yourself and your loved ones.
It is suitable not only for making fresh salads, but also for spinning juice or lecho.
Tomato variety Japanese crab, at the present time has already managed to fall in love with many amateur gardeners and agro-industrial enterprises, their positive reviews testify to this. The fruits of this tomato have a rich refined taste, which makes it quite popular, both for personal use and as an industrial variety.