We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Summer cottages, gardens and vegetable gardens should always be clean, well-groomed and attractive. This is often hindered by active weed growth. To overcome them once and for all, you need the most effective and at the same time safe means. Let's consider how to use "Propolol" from weeds correctly, get acquainted with the features and advantages of this tool, as well as with the basic precautions that must be observed.
Composition, release form and purpose of the drug "Propolol"
"Propolol" is a postemergence herbicide. It is produced in the form of water-dispersible granules - this means that, dissolving in water, the product acquires a homogeneous consistency.
The herbicide preparation "Propolol" contains two active ingredients:
- dicamba (3,6-Dichloro-2-methoxybenzoic acid);
- chlorsulfuron (dimethylamine and dimethylethanolamine salts).
Designed to provide grain crops with reliable protection from annual and perennial weeds. "Propolol" destroys even those species of weeds that are resistant to such herbicides as MCPA and 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid.
The mechanism of action of the weed control
"Propolol" is characterized by a systemic selective action. The active components of the product affect the green mass and penetrate deep into the rhizome of the weed plant through its stems and leaves. As a result, a weed that is unable to receive nutrients dies. The result of using the product, as a rule, appears on the seventh day from the moment of processing.
This drug has a herbicidal effect exclusively on weeds. The cultivated plants remain unharmed.
Advantages and disadvantages of herbicide
Speaking about the main positive aspects of the weed remedy "Propolol", it should be noted:
- effective control of difficult-to-remove weed varieties;
- ease of use, ease of dispensing;
- absolute safety for cultivated plantations growing on the cultivated area;
- the possibility of simultaneous use with humates;
- economical use;
- long shelf life of the drug - at least five years from the date of manufacture;
- more affordable cost compared to other types of popular weed control products.
The drug has no negative sides, therefore it is recommended for use in personal subsidiary plots.
Consumption rate for different plants
Depending on the varieties of the treated plants, different dosages of the drug "Propolol" are used.
You can get acquainted with them in more detail from the table below.
|Plant name||Consumption of the drug per 1 hectare of land|
triticale (a hybrid of wheat and rye)
|Spring barley||100-125 g|
|Spring wheat||100 g|
When using the means "Propolol" in personal subsidiary plots, the following standards apply.
|Plant culture (processed object)||The rate of use of the drug|
|Grain lawns||2 grams per 5 liters of water|
Methods for preparing the working solution
The solution for the destruction of weeds must be prepared directly on the day of the treatment of the site.
If prepared in advance, it will lose all of its herbicidal properties.
The process is very simple. All that is needed for this is to dilute 2 grams of a highly concentrated product in 5 liters of cool water. This volume of the prepared solution is enough for spraying 100 square meters of land.
Instructions for use of the drug
According to the instructions for use, it is necessary to use the weed repellent "Propolol" strictly in the permissible dosage. The treatment of areas should be carried out only on dry and calm days. At the same time, there should be no moisture on the weeds, including dew droplets - otherwise it will not be possible to achieve the desired result. The most preferred time for work is early morning or evening hours.
The drug should be diluted in containers that are not used for the preparation and consumption of food. The standard dosage is 2 grams per 5 liters of water.
The optimum air temperature for using the drug "Propolol" is within + 15-25 degrees Celsius. The tool can also be used in the autumn, after the harvest has been harvested - when the average temperature is about +12 degrees - but in this case, the action of the active components slows down somewhat.
For the best irrigation of the green mass, it is recommended to use sprayers equipped with fine nozzles.
Safety measures during use
Being a chemical substance, the herbicide "Propolol" carries a certain danger to humans and domestic animals. To neutralize it, it is important to remember about the safe use of this tool:
- It is necessary to prepare a solution against weeds strictly before use. You cannot store it before and after the procedure. Residues should be disposed of in a dedicated waste pit.
- Before starting work, you must wear protective elements - a mask or goggles, as well as household gloves.
- To protect your body, wear long-sleeved trousers and a jacket made of rubberized fabric, as well as rubber boots.
- Horticultural crops that grow near the processing site are best covered with a protective film in advance.
- During irrigation of the site, it is necessary to ensure that the prepared solution is not accidentally drunk by pets in the vicinity.
- After the end of the irrigation process, the container from the solution must be thoroughly washed and dried.
- Work clothes should be carefully removed, washed face and mouth rinsed with baking soda solution.
- If the herbicide is accidentally scattered or spilled, it is necessary to collect it as quickly as possible on the treated area.
The herbicide "Propolol" was assigned the third degree of toxicity. This means that it is low-toxic to humans and bees.
Compatibility of the herbicide with other products
"Propolol" is compatible with agrochemicals and pesticides based on tridiamefon, clopyramide and propicanazole. Before using several products, it is recommended to test for physical and chemical compatibility by mixing them in one container..
How to store it correctly
Store "Propolol" in its original sealed packaging, placed in a dark, dark place protected from sunlight. The tool accepts temperatures from -30 to +30 degrees well.
Eptam, Linuron-50, Thioacetamide, Monuron can be used as available substitutes for Propolol. All these drugs have a systemic selective effect on weeds.