We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The peculiarity of some trees is that they have characteristics that are distinctive from other varieties. Novella cherry has many fans among gardeners, despite its relatively recent appearance. She is unpretentious and very productive. The volume of fruits increases every year. The tree is very hardy, it has adopted many positive characteristics from the parent varieties.
Description and history of selection
For a better acquaintance with the characteristics of the plant, it is required to study the description of the variety. It will help you grow the tree correctly and get a harvest. Avoid mistakes during crown formation and when performing other agricultural techniques.
Cherry Novella is the result of crossing steppe cherry and bird cherry. This hybrid is hardy and hardy.
Several breeders have bred the variety:
- A. A. Gulyaeva;
- A. F. Kolesnikova;
- O.D. Golyaeva;
- E. N. Dzhigaldo.
In the city of Orel, at the All-Russian Institute, the variety was released. Over time, Novella cherry began to gain popularity.
Characteristics of the variety
In order for the gardener to understand what features and properties the variety has, he must study its characteristics:
- Height 3 m.
- The crown is rounded, spreading, raised.
- Shoots are smooth.
- There are 4 flowers in the inflorescence.
- Blossoming period is 10-18 May.
- The shape of the fruit is round, the tip is slightly depressed.
- Weight 5 g.
- Diameter 2 cm.
- The bone is easily separated from the pulp.
- Tasting score 4.2 points.
- The taste is sweet and sour.
- Fruits ripen in the last decade of June.
- It tolerates transportation well.
A summer resident can appreciate the properties of a tree only after he grows a cherry on his site.
Planting and leaving
Cherry growing consists of several stages, after choosing a seedling, you should choose a suitable place for the tree to grow. Then plant the plant correctly and take care of it:
- Choosing a place. It is better to choose a sunny area, protected from winds and drafts. The distance between trees is 3 m, not less. You should not plant cherries in lowlands, the tree does not tolerate flooding. If you choose a place in the shade, the berry will be smaller and sour.
- Pit preparation. Depth 50-60 cm, diameter 70 cm. Before planting, it is necessary to add rotted manure and mineral fertilizers to the ground for filling. A peg is driven into the bottom, to which a seedling is subsequently tied. Its height must be at least 1.5 m.
- Landing dates. Better to plant the tree in the fall. The end of September, the beginning of October is well suited. It is not worth planting later, the tree will die from frost.
- Pollinating varieties. To improve the number of fruits, the following species are planted next to Novella cherries: Vladimirovskaya, Shokoladnitsa and others.
A tree is planted in a prepared hole, if the roots are dry, soaked in water for several hours before planting.
The seedling is placed vertically, periodically, while falling asleep with earth, the tree is shaken to eliminate voids. Upon completion, pour a bucket of water over.
It is easy to care for cherries, it is enough to follow the standard agrotechnical requirements. The most difficult, but obligatory job is pruning. It is carried out in two cases: when the crown is formed and for sanitary purposes.
The formation of the crown will help the tree to produce bountiful crops and large fruits. Therefore, it must be taken seriously. First of all, the top is cut off, they do it in the spring for the first year after planting or the next year. In subsequent years, 5-7 skeletal branches are left, they are the basis of the future crown.
Periodically prune branches that interfere with the development of others or grow inside the tree. Slices must be treated with garden pitch, this helps to avoid infections. Sanitary pruning is the removal of deformed, diseased branches.
Watering is regular, while a small plant is watered once a week, an adult plant is watered 4 times per season, abundantly.
Be sure to loosen the ground after each watering. Weeds are removed and periodic feeding is carried out.
Pests and diseases
The variety has immunity to common cherry diseases, coccomycosis, moniliosis. Very rarely Novella is affected by pests.
Cherry Novella is unpretentious, proper care for it leads to an increase in yield.