We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Most of the southern regions are renowned for the cultivation of Nizin grapes. This variety is thermophilic. Residents of the Middle Strip also manage to grow this plant with juicy fruits and large clusters. The variety was bred by an unprofessional breeder N.V. Kroinov from two types of grapes: Kishmish Radiant and Talisman. The residents of Novocherkassk were the first to see the berries of the variety.
On the bush of grapes, cone-shaped clusters are formed. When the berries ripen on black soil, they acquire a bright purple hue. Visually, the clusters are massive, their weight often reaches 3 kilograms. Large and heavy berries are densely arranged, each with a diameter of 30 by 25 millimeters. On average, the berry weighs 13 grams.
The lowland is characterized by a rich taste, fleshy and dense structure. Each grape contains 2-3 seeds. Despite the thickness, the skin is not felt when used with grapes. The variety is superior in sweetness to some grapes of similar characteristics.
The composition contains sugar, its amount is 2 times more than the acidity.
The presence of a bright red tone is not considered to be an indicator of full maturity. After all, a rich color appears before full maturity occurs. When fully ripe, the fruit becomes dark purple in color.A detailed description of the variety allows you to make your choice before planting.
The characteristics include:
- Lowland is considered a table crop variety;
- according to the ripening period, the grapes are of the medium late type;
- it is resistant to peas, flowering of bisexual flowers in the middle of summer occurs when pollinated by bees;
- the optimal ripening period for berries is 120-130 days, it shifts only in the northern region - until September;
- a distinctive feature - shoots grow quickly enough with slow development and growth of the vine;
- the variety adapts to any climatic conditions in which it ripens well;
- grapes are resistant to transportation, do not lose their presentation during long transportation;
- The lowland tolerates frost well, plants are sheltered only in regions with a northern location, in which the frost reaches a temperature of -25 degrees;
- when full maturity is reached, the fruits do not fall off;
- grapes are resistant to fungal diseases and gray rot.
The variety has a high yield, each shrub makes it possible to collect about 6 kilograms of berries.
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
The Lowland grape has many positive qualities:
- due to the short ripening period, the variety is grown in different regions;
- the presence of bisexual flowers - the bush is completely pollinated and stably bears fruit;
- shoots grow actively, the vine ripens completely;
- the bunches have an excellent presentation and high taste characteristics;
- shrub wood is not exposed to frost;
- fruits tolerate long-term transportation to other regions well;
- wasps do not spoil the berries, despite the high capacity of sugar in the fruit.
The disadvantages include some difficulties in growing a plant:
- the need for a large space - the bushes must be planted at a considerable distance from each other;
- shrub needs compulsory formation;
- with elevated air temperatures for a long time, the resistance of the shrub to powdery mildew decreases;
- depending on taste preferences, some grape lovers consider the presence of seeds in the fruit a disadvantage.
Features of planting and care
When planting, you should pay attention to some of the nuances:
- the area for planting is chosen on the south side of the garden;
- plant inflorescences are sensitive to winds, strong gusts can knock down flowers and reduce yields;
- the soil for growing a bush must be chosen with a large capacity of nutrients, top dressing is welcome;
- make sure there is no groundwater near the vineyard;
- the optimal distance between bushes in each row is 3 meters.
To get a high yield, pruning should be done in the fall. In this case, it is recommended to leave 3-4 eyes or 8-10 eyes. The maximum number of shoots on a bush is 25.
Experienced gardeners distinguish 3 main ways of propagating grapes:
- With the help of seedlings - this way you can preserve the characteristics of the variety.
- Those wishing to get a harvest as early as the next year after planting are recommended to choose grafting, which ensures the rapid growth and development of the shrub.
- Propagation with bends reduces the risk that the seedling may not take root.
Thanks to the grapes of the Nizin variety, you can form a summer cottage or a canopy. Proper care will give, as a result, juicy tasty fruits and a cozy corner.