We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
A rather tasty and healthy preparation for the winter is black and red mulberry jam. To diversify the dessert, different ingredients are added.
Features of making mulberry jam for the winter
To make a tasty and healthy mulberry jam, you need to follow the cooking recommendations.
- Dessert can come out of a liquid consistency, poor quality, if you put a little granulated sugar. Therefore, for 1 kg of sugar 800 gr. mulberry tree.
- Excessive use of sugar can also provoke a change in taste, do not abuse it.
- To maintain integrity, no diligence is required during mixing.
Selection and preparation of berries
To prepare a mulberry dessert, berries of these varieties are suitable:
- The black mulberry has a richer flavor and color.
- White berry is sweet.
The red and pink varieties of mulberry are not suitable for making jam, they are not sweet enough.
The mulberry tree must be ripe; overripe berries are not suitable for dessert. If you come across rotten, moldy, then they should be thrown away.
How to prepare a container?
Jam jars should be washed in baking soda water and pasteurized over a boiling pot with the neck down for 15 minutes. If you need to prepare a lot of jam, then pasteurization can be carried out in the oven with the neck up for half an hour.
Ingredients used in making simple mulberry jam.
- Mulberry - 500 gr.
- Sugar - 1 kg.
- Citric acid - 1.5 g
Step-by-step cooking process.
- The mulberry tree goes to the cauldron and is sprinkled with sugar.
- Mulberry should be infused for 3 or more hours.
- When juice appears, the product is sent to the stove, heated over low heat, stirring.
- Foam on the surface is removed.
- The fire increases, the jam should boil well.
- The finished dessert is poured into containers, rolled up with lids.
With cinnamon and citric acid
The recipe includes such components.
- Mulberry - 1 kg.
- Sugar - 500 gr.
- Citric acid - 0.5 tsp
- Water - 100 gr.
- Vanilla, star anise, cinnamon - optional.
How to make jam.
- The mulberry tree is sent to the pan, covered with sugar, spices, citric acid, and filled with water.
- Cooking can take place without adding liquid, but then the dessert will be quite dense, and the berries will lose their shape.
- The saucepan is placed on the stove, the jam is cooked for about 20 minutes, the heat should be low. If the stalks are not cut off, then add another 15 minutes to the cooking.
- The boiling dessert is laid out on the banks, rolled up.
Recipe without cooking
To prepare dessert, you will need to prepare:
- sugar - 2 kg;
- mulberry - 1 kg;
- citric acid - 0.5 tsp.
Mulberry is poured into a deep cauldron and covered with granulated sugar.
In a separate bowl, you need to dilute citric acid in boiling water. It is not necessary to pour in a lot of liquid, water is needed only to dissolve the acid. Lemon water is poured into the main product, and the whole mass mixes well. It is recommended to kill everything with a blender or use a spoon. Jars are filled to the top, closed with lids and placed in the refrigerator.
List of required ingredients:
- 1 kg mulberry tree.
- 500 gr. cherries.
- 750 gr. Sahara.
The berries are washed out, the seeds are removed from the cherries. Mulberry goes into the dishes, 375 gr. sugar, cherry and the remaining sugar are distributed on top. The berries should stand for 5 hours, preferably overnight for the juice to stand out.
The mass is heated over low heat until boiling, cooked for 5-7 minutes. It is interfered with by skimming off the foam.
The stove turns off, the pan is set aside, the berries should cool completely. And again it is required to carry out this procedure 3 times. Pour the finished dessert into jars, roll up, cover with a blanket.
Lemon silk jam
To cook dessert you need to take:
- 1 kg of mulberry;
- 700 gr. Sahara;
- 1-2 pcs. lemon.
The berries are placed in a saucepan, covered with sugar and set aside for 2-3 hours to extract juice. After that, half a lemon is added, and the jam is sent to the stove.
The dessert is heated to a boil, boiled for 15 minutes with stirring. Set aside to cool.
After that, the jam should boil again, boil for 20 minutes. A slightly cooled delicacy is poured into a container.
The required list of components includes:
- 2 glasses of mulberry;
- 1.5 cups of sugar;
- 100 ml of water;
- 100 g raspberries.
- Pour sugar on top of the berries, do not stir, leave for 2 hours so that the juice comes out.
- Place the pan on low heat, add water to the mixture (hot is suitable), the mass should boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove jam from heat. It should cool completely.
- Repeat the brewing process again.
- Arrange the jam in the jars.
With caramel flavor
For jam you will need the following products:
- 1 kg mulberry;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 150 ml of water;
- 5-7 gr. citric acid.
- Sugar is put into the cooking utensils, water is poured. Everything is stirred and sent to the fire. After the sugar is completely dissolved, the syrup boils, it must be boiled for 15 minutes, making a moderate heat and removing the foam.
- A mulberry tree is dipped into a slightly boiled syrup, brought to a boil. The jam is cooked over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Finally, add citric acid.
- Hot dessert is poured into cans.
With star anise
- Mulberry tree - 3 kg.
- Sugar - 1.2 kg.
- Water - 500 ml.
- Badian - 5 stars.
- Lemon juice - from 1 citrus.
- Cinnamon - 2 sticks.
Cinnamon with star anise is added to the berry, lemon juice is poured in, sugar is added. Mass costs half an hour. Then water is added, the pan is placed on medium heat, the mixture is cooked for 20 minutes. The jam is cooled down, and after an hour it is boiled again. The vanilla is removed during cooking.
Slightly cooled jam should be placed in a container.
- 2 kg mulberry tree.
- 2.5 kg of sugar.
- 10 pieces. apples.
- Lemon juice (1 fruit).
Rinse the berries, peel the apples, cut into thin slices. Cover the mixture with sugar, set aside for 3 hours until the juice is released. Then send to low heat for 15 minutes.
Then the jam is set aside for 2 hours. Repeat cooking again for 25 minutes. Cool the jam slightly, arrange in jars.
Mulberry jam in a slow cooker
To prepare dessert in a multicooker bowl, you will need the following ingredients:
- granulated sugar - 1 kg;
- mulberry - 1 kg.
The procedure for preparing a treat.
- The mulberry tree is covered with granulated sugar.
- The "Extinguishing" function is set.
- When the multicooker makes a sound, you need to turn it off and get the dessert.
Mulberry jam with whole berries
- 1 kg mulberry.
- 800 gr. granulated sugar.
- 250 ml of water.
- Lemon - 1 pc.
A syrup is prepared from sugar and water, with which the berries are poured. When the liquid cools down, it is drained and boiled again. Again they are sent to the berries. This process is repeated 3 times.
The last boil involves boiling the syrup to the desired thickness, adding lemon juice.
Terms and conditions of storage
Mulberry dessert does not last long. When harvesting large volumes, it is recommended to eat it in 18 months.
The jam is stored in a dry basement, a cellar with a stable temperature and ventilation. The raw dessert is kept in the refrigerator.