We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The rose was known in almost every country in the world several millennia ago. She conquers with rolled velvet petals, delicate and pleasant aroma. The second name of the rose is "flower queen". The plant has been mentioned in many civilizations in legends, frescoes, portraits. Scarlet and dark red flowers are the classic choice for a gift. The most popular variety in the red range, breeders consider the Grand Amore rose, in French it is called "great love".
Description of the variety and history of creation
The country of origin of the variety is Germany. Grand Amur was bred as a result of breeding work in 2004. The following year, she was awarded for her high resistance to negative influences in an urban environment. The goal of the breeders when creating the plant was to improve the parameters of resistance to unstable weather, parasites, fungal pathologies / infections. The flower is unpretentious, easy to care for.
The Grand Amur variety has the following characteristics:
- the plant is characterized by scarlet glossy petals with sharp ends;
- the buds have medium doubleness and 35 petals, which open 11-12 cm in diameter;
- the flowering of the hybrid tea rose is intense, lasts throughout the summer period until the first frost;
- flowers are firmly attached to the bush, do not bloom, exude a delicate floral scent;
- the plant grows to 70-85 m in length, has an even, straight trunk, strong stems, dark foliage;
- the contrast of scarlet and green color gives the flower sophistication, brightness, presentability.
A cut rose will decorate any home, suitable for home cultivation, for sale. The leaves of Grand Amur are not afraid of diseases, black spot, powdery mildew, they are treated twice a season for prevention.
What is the difference from other varieties
Super Grand Amore differs from other varieties with large flowers. By the second year they reach 18-20 cm in diameter. The plant has a pleasant floral scent, neat petals curving outward. The rose has a high resistance to fungal pathologies, it tolerates weather conditions well. Grand Amur is used for landing in a park area, a private backyard, a summer cottage.
The nuances of growing a flower
The optimal place for the development, growth of the rose is sunny, sheltered from the winds. Seedlings and soil must be prepared in advance.
When and where to plant
The place for placing the rose should be sunny, not blown by the winds. The optimum level of soil acidity is 5.4-7.4 pH. Having dug a landing hole 50-60 cm deep, drainage is poured into it - it will prevent stagnation of water in the hole. To drain the soil, gardeners resort to the use of gravel and sand.
The planting substrate is prepared with:
- manure 3 portions;
- fertile soil 2 servings;
- peat 1 portion;
- 2 servings with sand.
The first days in May are considered the optimal time for planting the Grand Amur rose, at which time the soil is already warmed up by the sun.
Preparation of seedlings
Gardeners recommend purchasing planting material in a nursery, from a trusted seller. Before planting, the rose is examined for rot, spotting, dryness. An open root system is disinfected, soaked in a rooting solution for 24 hours. The rotten, dry root is discarded, the shoots are pruned to stimulate the growth of healthy branches.
The planting process is simple:
- dig a hole, lay out drainage;
- pour water, fertilizers;
- after absorbing water, place the rose in the pit;
- the roots are tamped with earth.
For planting, roots and a plant with a soil clod are used. In the first days of spring or autumn, the plant is planted or re-transplanted. When flowering, the buds are removed. When transferring a bush to a new site, the soil lump on the root system is preserved, the stems are drastically cut off.
Further care of Grand Amore
Even a novice florist can do standard care procedures. Care must be timely:
- the plant is fed;
- weed, removing weeds;
- treated with herbicides;
- protect against pathologies, parasites.
In a rainy summer period, additional care is required for the rose, otherwise the flowers will not bloom.
Watering and fertilizing
In cloudy weather, the Grand Amore rose is watered once every 7 days. On hot days, irrigation is carried out twice in 7 days.
One rose requires 5-7 liters of water. It is poured out carefully, without touching the flowers, leaves.
The rose is fed with nitrogen mixtures in spring, in the middle of summer they use potassium-phosphorus fertilizers. Throughout the growing season, folk, organic fertilizers such as vermicompost, compost, eggshells are used.
Rose Grand Amore is pruned in two ways:
- For prevention purposes, diseased, damaged stems are removed. In the fall, they resort to cutting off weak, thin, broken shoots.
- For the formation of growth - in the middle of summer, they begin to harvest dried buds and stems.
With the correct formative pruning, the appearance of a bush is formed, the abundance of flowering does not depend on the procedure.
Grand Amore has a high winter hardiness, but gardeners are insured by covering the plant for the winter. To cover the root system, sand, soil, hilling are used. The rose is covered with insulation like spruce branches, non-woven fabric, polyethylene, straw.
At the beginning of the spring, after the snow melts, the flower is opened slightly for airing. When the temperature stabilizes, the insulation is removed. It is important to do this in a timely manner, otherwise the plant will rot.
Disease and pest control methods
Hybrid tea roses are affected by the following diseases and pests:
- aphids, caterpillars, beetles - they are eliminated with the help of "Confidor", "Acrophyte";
- powdery mildew - fight with Bordeaux liquid, Baleiton or Topaz solution;
- black spot - the flower is cured with 0.1% Topaz solution, 1% sulfuric solution;
- sooty fungus - it is removed with a soap-alcohol solution;
- gray rot - destructive for buds, leaves, flowers, shoots, the plant is saved by removing diseased areas, processing with horsetail decoction;
- viruses - spread by insects, stop the vital processes of the rose.
To avoid infection and insect attacks, Grand Amore is disinfected, treated with pesticides, insecticides.
Flower reproduction methods
Most often, Grand Amore is propagated by cuttings. Shoots are cut, dried, planted in the ground in a darkened area. A can, a bottle is used to cover the seedling. The young shoot is left for the winter at the planting site, with the onset of spring, transplanted.
Use in landscape design
Kombucha Grand Amur is used to decorate a rose garden, flower beds, lawns. It is planted separately, combined with other varieties or plants. Scarlet buds with dark, green leaves are suitable for any garden, park, rose garden.