We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Grapes "Libya" despite the relatively recent cultivation has already attracted the attention of professionals and amateur winegrowers with its quality characteristics and is gaining popularity in homestead viticulture.
The author of the variety is Ukrainian amateur breeder V.V. Zagorulko, who received the Libya grapes as a result of crossing the Flamingo and Arcadia varieties. The description of the variety is not yet known to every gardener, since the variety is quite new.
Grape varieties "Libya" refers to the number of table forms of grapes with an early maturity. High quality characteristics, as well as marketability and excellent external data, were obtained by a hybrid from a parental pair.
Grapes "Libya": variety description
Grapes "Libya" forms the crowns of young shoots of light green staining with a complete absence of pubescence. The first leaves on the vine are almost solid. The leaves located on the shoots above have a five-lobed mid-dissected structure. Petioles in open. Annual, fully ripened shoots have a light brown color.
Bisexual flowers. Grape clusters form large and have an average length of 25 cm, and sometimes more. The shape of a ripened grape brush is cylindrical, a bunch of medium friability. Some grapes have a pronounced branching. The average mass of the brush can vary from 0.6 to 1 kg.
Technical characteristics of berries
Grapes called "Libya" is large in size. The form is berry-shaped or ovoid. The standard size of the berry is 2.8 x 2 cm. Weight varies from 10 to 13 g.
The peel of the berry is very soft and delicate, has a pleasant pink color. The pulp has a fleshy and quite juicy structure. The taste is very high: the grape combines sweetness with a delicate nutmeg aftertaste. Sugar level is 18%. The acidity does not exceed 9 g / l. The number of seeds varies from one to three per berry.
Advantages and disadvantages
The main advantages of this hybrid form of grapes are as follows:
- sufficiently high frost resistance - up to -21ºС;
- high resistance to mildew;
- good level of productivity;
- excellent taste;
- appearance appeal of a ripe bunch of grapes.
The lack of resistance of the hybrid form of Livia grapes to the defeat of flour dew requires regular processing with the help of special preparations.
Landing and care
For grapes "Libya" it is important to conduct proper planting and compliance with the technology of care.
- It is allowed both a single planting of a seedling of this hybrid form, and use in large-area vineyards.
- Planting trenches or pits should be prepared in advance, at least four weeks before planting, which is a prerequisite for shrinkage of the soil.
- Highly occurring groundwater is the reason for the rapid decay of the root system. To protect plants from death as a result of root rot, it is necessary to equip a quality drainage layer at the bottom of the planting pit.
- This variety is not too demanding on the composition of the soil on the site. Nevertheless, light and fairly fertile soils should be preferred.
- In the center of each landing pit, a support pole should be installed, to which a seedling will subsequently be attached for proper vertical growth.
Planted plants in the first week need abundant watering, the volume of which depends on weather conditions and soil moisture indicators. Also grape care includes:
- irrigation, which should be especially plentiful during the flowering period and very hot days;
- supplement irrigation with fertilizing if necessary;
- loosening the soil after irrigation with the most thorough removal of all weeds (you can reduce the number of weeds using wood sawdust or shavings as a mulching layer);
- shelter for the winter: in the autumn period it is necessary to bend the vine to the soil surface, sprinkle it with soil, and then cover it with straw or dry hay.
The main condition for obtaining a high-quality and high yield is the timely, and most importantly the correct pruning of the vine.
Grapes "Libya" is very responsive to high-quality pruning and gives the winegrower an abundant harvest of high-quality, ripe, juicy berries. Optimal for this variety is the implementation of a short trim for 2-6 eyes.
When performing the formation of grape bushes, it is recommended to leave no more than 3-4 main sleeves, which in the autumn period need a quality shortening. In addition, the cultivation of "Libya" involves rationing the crop by removing too much of the forming grape ovaries. Overload negatively affects the ripening of the crop.
After reading the corresponding article on our resource, you can learn about the varietal features of Pleven grapes.
How to care for grapes
A relatively new hybrid form of grape called "Libya" has found both its admirers and gardeners, who did not like this variety. Many winegrowers are attracted by such qualities of the variety as large and very well-formed brushes, beautiful and aligned appetizing-colored berries with a pleasant caramel nutmeg. Grapes "Libya" is one of the truly sought-after market varieties, and its harvest is always successfully implemented.