We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Grapes "Citron Magaracha" refers to the technical varieties demanded by many winemakers and is characterized by a medium early harvesting time of high quality.
A complex type of hybrid "Citron Magarach" was obtained in Ukraine, in NIViV "Magarach" under the leadership of P. Ya. Golodrigin. In the work on the development of a new hybrid form, the Madeleine Anzhevins variety, Magarach 124-66-26 grape hybrids with the addition of Rkatsiteli, as well as Magarach 2-57-72 and Novoukrainsky Early were used. The authors of the variety are V. A. Volynkin, L. K. Kireeva, Yu. A. Malchikov, V. P. Klimenko, N. P. Oleinikov, V. T. Usatov and L. P. Troshin.
Obtained by the method of generative hybridization, the technical grape variety Citron Magaracha passed the registration procedure in 2002 and is grown on an industrial scale in Ukraine. Over the past few years, it has become in demand not only in the homeland of origin, but also in other countries, including in Russia. In 2013, the hybrid was tested at production sites, which made it possible to determine three biotypes of bushes on which clusters of different sizes and weights were formed.
Hybrid grape bushes called Citron Magaracha are medium or slightly above average. It ripens fully. Shoots ripening is observed at 85-90%. The fruiting coefficient is from 1.3 to 1.4 with fruiting from 1.5 to 1.6. The average ripening of berries is from 135 to 145 days. Yield indicators subject to agricultural technology vary from 9 to 12 t / ha.
Bisexual flowering, with a guarantee of high rates of pollination. Bunches have a cylindrical or conical shape, winged. The structure of the bunch has an average berry density. The average weight of one grape brush ranges from 350 to 450 g.
On the Citron Magaracha grape, round, medium-sized berries are formed, yellow or green-yellow in color. Juicy pulp is pleasant, with a harmonious taste. It is covered with a fairly strong and dense skin. A characteristic feature is the presence of a pronounced citron-nutmeg aroma. The berry contains 3-4 oval bones. The acidity of the berries does not exceed 5-7 g / l, with sugar content from 25 to 27%.
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
The hybrid form "Citron Magaracha" is used in the manufacture of white (table, as well as dessert, with a pronounced muscat-citron aroma), and champagne wines. The hybrid has the following advantages:
- bisexual flowering type;
- plentiful and annual productivity;
- excellent taste;
- harmony of taste and pronounced citron-nutmeg aroma;
- high appreciation of any wines made using berries of this variety;
- increased resistance to mildew, oidium and gray rot, confirmed tolerance to phylloxera;
- frost resistance within -25 ° C.
The hybrid form has no pronounced shortcomings and is in demand among winegrowers.
Grape "Citron Magaracha": variety description
Features of planting and care
Prepared for planting and absolutely healthy seedlings of hybrid grapes Citron Magaracha should be planted and grown taking into account the following requirements:
- grape plantations should be located in well-heated and illuminated areas;
- planting of planting material in pits filled with fertilizer and fertile soil mixture to a depth of 35 or 40 cm;
- when cultivated in relatively favorable soil and climatic conditions in the southern regions of Russia, seedlings should be planted according to the scheme 3.0 x 1.5 or 2 m;
- grapes of the hybrid form "Citron Magaracha" demanding compliance with the irrigation regime and regular feeding;
- the optimal load on one grape bush is about 30 eyes;
- pruning is carried out for 2-4 eyes.
Insufficient resistance to frost requires measures to protect the vines in the winter. It is recommended that two standard preventive treatments of bushes against diseases and pests.
The best wines
Using this complex hybrid in winemaking allows you to get quite high quality table and dessert wines. Table wines made using Citron Magaracha grapes are characterized by a floral-citron aroma. Dessert wines differ in aroma with citron-honey tones that turn into taste.
The difference between wines made on the basis of this grape variety is the harmony of taste and original aroma. The greatest popularity and a large number of awards were received by the White Muscatel wine variety from Livadia, AR Crimea, created in 1998. Evaluation of tasted wine materials is 7.8-8 points.
Self-preparation of tasty and healthy wine from grapes "Citron Magaracha" is made according to the following technology:
- grapes should be harvested at the stage of sugar in the berries no more than 24% and the level of wort pH 3.4;
- cool the grapes in the basement and thoroughly separate the berries from the comb;
- place the berries in the crusher and add potassium pyrosulfite in the amount of 2.5 g per bucket to the resulting grape pulp;
- put the resulting wort with pulp into the press, after pressing pour into a container where the wort will settle at a temperature of no higher than + 16 ° C;
- for every 100 liters of wort obtained, 2 g of Lalzime enzyme should be added, and after 12 hours, add bentonite to the wort (at the rate of 2 g per 1 l);
- after two days, it is necessary to carefully drain the wort without the sediment formed at the bottom into the fermentation tank and add the wine yeast according to the attached instructions. For Cryarome yeast, the amount is 12.5 g per 50 l of wort;
- install a water lock and periodically monitor the wort fermentation process. After two days from the moment of the active process, you need to add alcohol to the wort (at the rate of 7 liters per 50 liters of wort);
- after 24 hours, 0.5 g of bentonite per liter of wort is to be added through the fermenter.
At a temperature of + 18 ° C, after 14-20 days, a young wine is obtained, which should be drained gently from the precipitate, add 0.3 g of pyrosulfite per 1 liter of wine and put under the lock for a month. Then you should drain the wine again and add 15 g of Siha Optipur for every 50 liters of wine. After falling of tartar, wine can be poured into prepared clean and dry barrels. After 2 months, the wine is filtered and bottled for further storage.
We also suggest that you familiarize yourself with the varietal characteristics and varieties of Kesha grapes.
Reviews of winegrowers
"Citron Magaracha" is characterized as a very productive and beloved by many winegrowers hybrid. It tolerates crop overload very poorly and, when normalizing, it fully ripens in the middle of the last summer month, forming a medium-sized brush with medium density. Even with significant loads, the vine ripens perfectly, but the ripening period is greatly delayed.
How to make wine from grapes "Citron Magaracha"
In the first seasons of vegetation, the vine bushes, subject to the rules of care, show excellent growth power. In addition, there is a complete ripening of growth and an almost absolute absence of diseases on the bushes. Experienced gardeners recommend the formation of a four-arm fan with trimming of sleeves for 8-10 buds. Any extra shoots should be removed during the growing season. The hybrid belongs to the number of plantings that are economically justified when planting not only in personal plots, but also for industrial purposes.